Saturday 18 September 2021, 10:00am
Hits : 190
Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport Hotel
1100 Old Elkridge Landing Rd
3 Rounds of Rated Chess
Saturday, September 18th at 10:00 am
- Location: Sheraton Baltimore Washington Airport Hotel on 1100 Old Elkridge Landing Rd, Linthicum, MD 21090
- 3 round Round-Robin tournament.
- USCF regular and quick rated. Time control: Game in 25 minutes with a 5-second delay.
- Saturday, September 18th, 10 am to approximately 1 pm.
- Entry fee: $30 on or before Tuesday 9/14, $35 on or before 9/17, $40 on Saturday 9/18 (on-site registration is allowed, registration for round one closes at 9:45 am on Saturday).
- PRIZES: Trophies to the winner of each four-person quad!
- We will have enough chess sets for all players. If you would like to use a clock, please bring one.
- Masks are optional for fully vaccinated players and parents, and required for everyone else.
- For questions, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 703-609-0499.
A quad is a four-person round robin section in which all participants play each other once (three rounds). Our quads are open to all scholastic players in grades K-12, and each quad will be divided based on rating rather than grade. The advantage of quads is that players get the chance to compete against opponents with very similar USCF ratings. Since some players have been competing online during the pandemic, we will be using the higher of a player's USCF Regular and USCF Online Regular ratings for the purpose of diving players into groups. Depending on the exact number of registrations, the bottom section may have five, six, or seven players, in which case that section will be paired as a Swiss tournament.
REGISTER HERE: https://caissachess.net/online-registration/index/1172